Dancing about Architecture

A place to collect the randomness that wanders through my life

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Vegas Baby!


As promised I took lots of pictures. Including one of me with a drink from Quarks. My waiter's name was Lazarus. The drink is Called a Borg Sphere, it tasted sort of like apple but mostly like vodka. This place was great. We had some appy's that were decent and got to see an alien wondering around the place randomly for photo ops. I chose to ignore him. This was on my second day of the trip after I had already spent the day at the bar and beverage convention.

The convention was everything I expected it to be. Lot's of free booze, some free food samples, lots of T&A and lots of drunk morons whom I managed to avoid pretty easily. I got to pretend to be in the industry and had my badged scanned a few times. The best was the guy from Vamp, this drink brand from Transylvania. They have pink vodka, wine and an energy drink that tastes like cherry. Lot's of cool drinks were drunk by me who managed to actually survive the day without being hit on or feel sick. That doesn't mean I didn't get leered at or almost feel sick though.

I spent lost of time walking the strip with my dad. Saw most of the big hotels. Walked inside a few of them. Saw the volcanoe erupt, watched the lions at MGM, did a little bit of gambling but i was pretty uncomfortable with that so i stuck to the lower priced slot machines.

So much more to say about the trip but I'm not in the right place for it today. I'll try to say more later. My pics are on the flicker site if you want to see more.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Owen said…

    Vamp is awesome. We used to buy it all the time when we went down to Bellingham for the weekends.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home